Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Summer and Fall..up until now

Well it has been a while since I've been on here. I have been one lazy blogger. Alot has happened since my last post. Gavin had his 2nd birthday. He had a "Bob the Builder" party. It was alot of fun! We went on a big family camping trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. It was so much fun to have everyone there all together. We had my parents and my sisters, my grandparents, 2 of my uncles, my aunt and my 2 cousins and one of my cousin's boyfriends. And of course me, dennis and gavin. My uncles took their campers and the rest of us  stayed in tents...we had a blast! We went to Dollywood, too and it was just such a great trip. My Mom,  Molly, Katie and I got to go to Six Flags in August. We had a ton of fun there, too. Molly was actually brave and rode one the coasters that went upside down..that was a big step for her ;)
Gavin is still not potty trained!!!! We are really having a hard time with it..just pray for us :) Dennis, Me, Katie and my cousin Keith went to Six Flags Fright Fest in October. It was sooooo much fun!! We stayed the night in Douglasville and went shopping the next day. We were exhausted by the time we got home. A couple of weeks later....Mom, Me, Katie, Molly and Gavin headed to PCB for Mom's Mary Kay retreat. It was so nice in the middle of October! The room was really cramped with a ton of other people, but we managed to make the best of it and have a blast anyway. Gavin just loves the beach and it is so fun to watch him play in the sand and be a happy child! Life just doesn't get any better :)

We had a nice Halloween. Gavin was Dracula. We went to Glenwood Terrace in Anniston. I had never been there before so I didn't know what to expect. I was like a kid when we got there..I was so excited! They had the streets blocked off and alot of the houses were decorated up with all kinds of Halloween paraphanelia. It was nice to walk along the sidewalks and actually do safe Trick or Treating. I do enjoy all the Trunk or Treats and Fall Festivals but to me, nothing compares to actually getting to go and trick or treat at a doorstep. Oh well, I guess I am just old fashioned and an old fogey =)

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and seeing alot of family! I love this time of year and just get so overwhelmed with the beautiful Autumn leaves and then Thanksgiving and Black Friday plus Christmas after that!! =) I am thinking of buying a new Christmas tree this year...our current one is a bit skimpy =) Gavin has been seeing all of the Christmas treees at Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby and last night he comes up to me and says "Mommy, I want Christmas trees." It was so cute! So now I have no choice but to decorate very extravagantly! He has been saying the funniest things lately. Instead of saying "I want a sucker or candy, etc" he says "I NEED candy."  LOL =) He is getting better at saying his ABCs and is starting to try to count to 30.  Well I am a little tired of typing and I think I hit the high points of the events over  the last few months. So I guess this is all for now.

No comments: